Thursday, January 28, 2016

StitchFix #3~ Almost doesn't count.

Once again, I'm late posting... Actually, this is the first time I've touched my computer since the last time I wrote on this blog. I'm just a cell phone kind of gal. It's portable and I love giving Softbank the finger when I go over my data limit. I'm also writing this while staring at my *newer*current*just-got-it-yesterday* StitchFix box for January. Whoops.

I took better pictures so you can actually see the clothes as opposed to stupid selfies.

The Shpeal:
StitchFix is a monthly subscription service for those of us unable or unwilling to go shopping. You give them $20 and they give you 5 items personally chosen for you based on a style profile. They give you 3 days to try stuff on, take it off, try it on again, cry in a corner, take it off, look at it in various light sources, etc.You keep the items you like and send back the junk you hate. Your $20 goes towards any purchases and if you keep all 5, you get a 25% discount. They send you a prepaid envelope to return the unwanted items and there you go. Super simple. 

The Fix:
For this fix, I requested specific things. I always update my Pinterest board because I can't convey my clothing needs verbally. "Cute", "not ugly", and "I dunno" were not helping Jennifer (my awesome stylist). I asked for wide leg jeans, a specific olive green jacket I know they carry, a pencil skirt for work, a necklace, and sweaters. They delivered.


My box. I tried to be artistic in my photos... I cannot. First of all, my box doesn't get delivered to my door. It goes to an ugly military post office and then I have to flash my ID to even get the thing from the back storage room. That doesn't make for a beauteous first impression.

Second, my dogs manage to photobomb all of my pictures. Alas, my blog will never look Martha Stewart-esque.






Piece 1- Maris Paddle Necklace

I asked for a statement piece. This makes a statement; however it's not the statement I'd like to make. It immediately reminded me of a tribal necklace that holds the bones of my sworn enemies... Not really the look I'm going for.



Verdict- Returned







Piece 2- Melisa Printed Pencil Skirt

This was my biggest regret. I saw it in the box and hated it. I tried it on and hated it. I put it in the envelope and hated it less. I had my husband drop it at the post office and hated myself. This would have grown on me. It already has. I yearn for the skirt that could have been. It was comfortable, it was cute, it fit, and I just sent it back like it meant nothing to me. Oh woe, myself a heartless bitch.


Verdict- Returned and cried about it







Piece 3- Chaplin Lined Hooded Anorak Jacket

This is a terrible picture so if you want a better one, go to Pinterest and look it up. There are other people with much better photos. This coat is fantastic. I specifically requested this jacket. The lining is like soft silky goodness. The arms and shoulders have ample moving room. It's a nice jacket and it matches all of my wardrobe even if it doesn't. I've worn it everyday. Unfortunately, I went to H&M and found an almost replica the day my box came in and I bought it in tan for less than $20. I came home fully intending to return this one... until I tried it on. My made my "pretty please" face to my husband and it's mine!!!

Verdict- Kept and refuse to take it off




Piece 4- Presley Colorblock Button-Back Sweater

I requested this sweater and as soon as I did, I knew I was going to get a color I hated. I love the gray, hate the red. The back buttons are awesome, the fit was nice and loose, and it was oh-so-soft... like wearing kittens.

Verdict- Returned


 Piece 5- Marson Wide Leg Jean
I asked for wide-leg jeans and they gave me wide-leg jeans. They're comfy and they're wide-leg. Haha, not much to say. My friend thinks they're super mom jeans, but I work in a school. Occasionally, I have to slum it down so they don't fire me when I show up in leggings and a galaxy-print Blackmilk mini dress.

This brings us to my shameless advertising of my referral link. If you sign-up and request a box, I get a $25 credit towards a purchase. Free clothes!
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*・°☆.。.:Wooo! Referral Link!


No comments: